Wednesday 26 January 2011

Mulled cider



As I mentioned on Facebook I am currently preparing a photo story about shooting day in Yorkshire. While you are waiting please enjoy a recipe for mulled cider. I have seen it on Jamie's website before Xmas but due to being on medication for few weeks I only managed to try it after New Year. I have to say I like it better than mulled wine or hot lager. It was great treat after a day of running up and down Pennines hills on wet, cold January day.

I have changed his recipe, I just followed the idea of hot, spicy cider, however I will make it one day following his recipe.





Serves 2


pint of cider (I used Irish Bulmers)
3 strips of orange peel (use veg peeler and make sure you don't have too much of white bit; the same with lemon)
2 strips of lemon peel
cinnamon stick
5 cloves
some freshly grated nutmeg
1 whole allspice
1 anise star
2 level tsp of sugar (or more depends how dry the cider is)

Place all of the ingredients into a pan and bring to the boil gently. Don't cook it too long as the alcohol will evaporate. Using small sieve drain the cider into two mugs and serve immediately.

I hope I will take you again to Yorkshire this weekend. You are very welcome so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!