Monday 9 January 2012

Chicken baked with fennel, tomatoes and olives



Christmas is gone and I did not have a chance to make my Christmas card for my readers. New Year's Eve is gone and I did not even mention one or two recipes that would perhaps inspire you to make some lovely snacks for this special night. I even thought about my own calendar but it is only an idea in my head, I only managed to select photographs and did not have a slight chance to make it alive. I worried about his for a while but then I thought that there are more important things and I shouldn't really worry about this. Yes, blog is very important part of my life, but time spent with my sister is even more important, especially I gave my blog on everyday basis, but to see my sister is very rare. I did not feel like taking photographs, cooking something new, for few weeks I only cooked things that I already know and like. I fed those who I love and this was most important to me. Now when I am back to blogging I hope you, my dear readers, will excuse me if suddenly I feel like not posting anything for a while and do something else. This year I simply feel like I do not have to do anything. I don't have to force myself. However I want to do so many things.

I hope 2012 will be happy for you and those who you love and care about. I wish you lots of love, joy and happiness. 

Please enjoy my first post in this year - simple, tasty and satisfying dinner. 
Serves 2 



2 chicken breasts, fillets with skin on
1 fennel bulb, cut into 8 wedges
some cherry tomatoes
some whole black olives
some olive oil (I used fennel infused)
2-3 fresh thyme springs
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Place the fennel in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with little olibve oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with some kitchen foil and place in the preheated to 200 C (fan) oven.

Meanwhile season the chicken breasts, heat the frying pan then add little olive oil and fry the breast skin side down until golden. Turn on the other side and fry for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and place in the oven together with the fennel. Add the thyme springs and bake uncovered for about 8 minutes. Next add the tomatoes and olives and bake for further 5 minutes. Serve immediately on its own or with some potatoes roast in olive oil.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you enjoyed the precious time with your sister... you've been posting delicious and lovely memories on your Facebook page over Christmas so we don't feel neglected at all... ;)have a lovely 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One has got to get priorities right and they can change at any time. We understand (I do,anyway)

    I just love, love love fennel, so your recipe is a great one for me...almost reminds me of summer.

    Have a great 2012
    xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for the comments and wishes. :)

    Daria & Jarek, I am glad we stay in touch via facebook, even if I was reluctant at first. ;) After all it is a good communication tool.

    Patricia, it seems to be such a light summery dish, it was nice after eating a lot out during the winter holiday to have something lighter. :)

    All the besto to you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!