Monday 7 May 2012

Grilled bread with goats' cheese & raw asparagus


I don't know if you are going to believe me, but the weather has been dreadful for the last few weeks. It seems that we already had two weeks of summer in March and now we are getting ready for autumn...
 
 This is quite typical for Brits to start a conversation with the weather theme. I am Polish, have been living in Britain for more than six years and I can honestly say I think this is not only the most neutral way to start a conversation, I genuinly believe that this is something that gives you a lot opportunieties to talk about. Especially here in North Yorksire it is very unpredictible. Why not to talk about it? 

In weather like this I cetrainly deserve more comforting dish such as hearty stew, but I guess I try to put some spells on the weather and bring the high temperatures back.





Serves 2 

4 green asparagus spears, wooden bottoms removed
2 tbsp good extra virgin olive
1 tsp lemon juice
salt
freshly ground black pepper
few slices of bread
about 40g soft goats' cheese
few fresh leaves of mint and oregano, roughly chopped

Using a veg peeler slice the asparagus lenghtwise. Add some salt, olive oil and lemon juice, mix well and leave it to marinate for about 15 minutes. 

Toast or grill the bread. Spread some cheese over the grilled bread, top with some marnated asparagus, sprinkle with some pepper and fresh mint and oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!