Thursday 10 May 2012

Naan bread pizza with quail eggs, asparagus & prosciutto

When I don’t have a time to make my own pizza and I fancy some home made stuff I use shop bought naan breads. I have my favourite brand and I often have two breads frozen just in case I need some for mid week supper – with curry, with soup or as a base for kind of pizza. If  I host a dinner with friends and serve Indian food I prefer to make my own naan breads, otherwise I am quite happy to have shop bought once in a while and as an emergency. It only takes about 15 minutes to have this tasty dinner ready – isn’t it perfect for mid week meal? 

You can put anything on the top. Anything. Whatever you fancy, what is in season or what you have left in the fridge.  Today’s recipe is exactly like this:

-         I fancied quail eggs
-         Asparagus is in season
-         We had some leftover cream and some cheddar left in the fridge

This is what I have end up with. Not bad, huh?




Serves 2 

2 naan  breads
2 tbsp double cream  
3 tbsp mature Cheddar, grated  
Some freshly ground nutmeg
8 green asparagus spears, wooden bit removed, halved
4 quail eggs  
4 slices of prosciutto  (Parma ham type)
salt
freshly ground black pepper
few fresh basil leaves, for garnishing (optional)

Heat the oven to 180 C (fan).

Place naan breads onto a baking tray lined with some baking paper. Top with some cream, sprinkle with salt, pepper and some nutmeg, then add the cheddar, asparagus and place in the oven for about 12 minutes.

Next remove from the oven and crack two eggs onto each naan, add little bit more salt and place in the oven for 3 minutes. 

Remove from the oven and top with some shredded Italian ham. Garnish with some fresh basil. Cut into portions and serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum- I have never thought to use naan as a pizza crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it. :) Try one day - it is so convenient for a mid week supper. :) Thanks for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!